Introduction to our Psychological Sciences MSc online
Learn more about the benefits of studying the online Psychological Sciences (Conversion) MSc with Brunel University London. The webinar will be led by Senior Lecturer in Psychology Dr Survjit Cheeta and Dr Andre Szameitat, and will cover the following topics, and more:
- What are the beginnings to the history of psychology?
- What are some of the big conceptual debates in psychology today?
- What is ‘cognitive psychology’ and how does it relate to other areas of psychology?
- How do cognitive psychologists work, and what methods do they use?
- The session will conclude with a Q&A session where you can put your questions to Survjit.
Get in touch with us today!
About Dr Survjit Cheeta:
I joined the Department of Psychology at Brunel as a Senior Lecturer after completing a three year Research Lectureship in the Department of Mental Health at St. George’s Medical School, University of London. My PhD was awarded by the University of Wales, Swansea in 1995 with my research focusing on the role of stressors in the etiology of depression and the neurobiological mechanisms underlying the therapeutic effects of antidepressant drugs. Following on from this I undertook six years of post-doctoral work. During this time, one notable position was held at King’s College London with Professor Sandra E. File, examining the role of the nicotinic and the serotonergic system in models of anxiety.
About Dr Andre Szameitat:
After my general study of psychology I conducted my PhD at the MPI of Cognitive Neuroscience, Department of Neurology. In 2003 I joined the University of Surrey as a post-doc. After this post-doc position I went back to Germany to work in Munich as lecturer in the international master’s program Neurocognitive Psychology. "