Students who are residents of the UK (England and Wales only) can apply for full funding from Student Finance England. Loan funding will be at your discretion to use. You could use the loan towards fees, maintenance costs or any other costs. All information can be found at gov.uk/masters-loan/eligibility. For students who are from England or the European Union (EU), the UK government has provided a student finance calculator to see the loan amount you could receive.
- Your course must be at least 180 credits, and a standalone master’s course.
- Full-time, lasting one academic years.
- Part-time, lasting two academic years.
- You must be under 60 on the first day of the first academic year.
- You’re a UK national or Irish citizen OR settled status under EU Settlement Scheme OR indefinite
- Leave to remain so there are no restrictions on how long you can remain in the country.
- You normally live in England.
- You’ve been living in the UK, the Channel Islands, or the Isle of Man for three years in a row before the first day of the first academic year of your course.
If the following are applicable to your situation, you won’t be eligible to get a Postgraduate Master’s Loan:
- You’re already getting payments from Student Finance England for another course.
- You’ve previously received a loan or grant for a master’s course (Disabled Students’ Allowance or serious personal reason is exempt from this).
- You already have a master’s degree, or a qualification which is equivalent or higher.
- You are behind in repayments for any previous loans from the Student Loans Company (SLC).
For non-UK residents who don’t fit the eligibility criteria for UK government financial aid, student loans from your local banks may be a funding option. Due to the complexities of student loan conditions from various banks around the world, we thank you in advance for learning the details of your specific local bank’s loan opportunities.
Once you have contacted your local bank about the terms and conditions of the loan, Brunel Student Centre will be happy to answer any logistic questions about the details of your loan and how it can help cover your tuition fees.
For any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our support team.